Re: [BaadAssGremlins] keep the 904 or get a th400? or 727?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] keep the 904 or get a th400? or 727?

Im prolly going to stick with the 904 for now and then switch to a 727 when i get some money.

Although i am finding it hard to find a flexplate since i dont know what year my 401 is.
Anyone know buy numbers on the block?

themixtoo@xxxx wrote:
Just a thought for everybody.  One of our club members up here in Cleveland has a 401 Gremmie with a Turbo400. He reminded me that even though the trans is good and bolts to the 401, it took quite a bit of firewall modification to get that thing in a Gremlin, I know about that because as I installed the 360 in 'The Mix' 2 years ago. I thought I could use the Lakewood scattershield bellhousing from the donor Gremmie. That's when I found out just why the donor Gremimie had not been completed in the first place. The Lakewood bellhousing might have fit an AMX or a Machine or a Jeep, but not a Gremlin or Hornet without cutting the trans tunnel. So be careful if you do decide to use the GM transmission.               'The Mix'