Re: Disc Brake Question

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> One more thing my insurance company said I had to have antique plates before
> I could get the classic insurance on the Gremmie. I guess that is why they
> don't really have any limits on the mileage. I know this isn't about Gremlins
> but do you guys want to hear a good one. My mother died last year and I went to
> change her old 83 Chevy into my name last week. They told me it was
> considered a classic and the value of it was $3,000 and the taxes was going to be $180
> to change it over. They said if it was an 85 it would be valued at $500 and
> the taxes would have been $30. I told them they were nuts and that I would be
> glad to sell it to them for half that much. The car isn't worth $180
> Terry

No such problems here with haveing to have classic plates to get classic insurance. In fact I had classic insurance on my Hornet before it was 25 years old. It was 1 1/2 years from being 25 years old when I put it back on the road after siting for 8 years while I was seroiusly ill. I had to hunt for an insurance company for a while as most classic ins. companys required me to have a car that was not more than 7 years old as a daily driver. I have a 77 Malibu. I hunted through the adds in Hemings and found a bunch of places to call and got mine from a guy that actually was not only an agent but a collector himself. He said since I had owned the car since it was new that he knew I was comitted to it and got me the insurance at a slightly higher rate than it would have been if it was 25 years old. When it was 25 years old the rate dropped. Also they require a picture of the front, back and both sides before issiueing insurance to make sure you are not trying to insure a junk. I called the agent which is an hour away and said I bought another Hornet and he said give me the vin# and take the pic's, before I sent the pic's 2 days later I had my insurance cards to register the car. Say AMEN & AMC
"Doc"