Re: 360 in Gremlin manafold problems

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
<amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> > In a message dated 1/24/2004 11:37:48 AM Central Standard Time,
> > cs10@xxxx writes:
> >
> > > i am putting a 1988 jeep amc 360 in a 1971 gremlin the motor is
in but
> > > today i went to put the exhaust manafolds on and it his the frame. i
> > > have a set that would fit but there rectangular port not dog
leg. The
> > > ones with rectangular port also dont have emissions b.s. any one
have
> > > any ideas?
> > >

> > Rick
>
> I thought it was the pass side that had the clearance problem since
that one exits at the very rear. I have seen a Hornet with the free
flows at a show and my friend put a 360 from a Jeep with free flows in
his Spirit and he didn't mention a clearance problem. I have a set in
my garage I will have to look at. One of the venders on the AMX files
told me that you needed a pass side Machine manifold, this was before
I saw the Hornet and my friends Spirit. When I told the vender about
what I saw he gave me a bunch of mumbo jumbo double talk.
> "Doc"

The problem is on the pass side the flange is aganst the struit arm
locater. A spirt should have had the same problem we had a 82 spirt we
got the disk brakes off of. and we used the strut rod and bracket for
the spirt they droped,in same location. Did they make the resticted
ones in dogleg? Does any body have some my poject has hit a road block
and i dont want hedders. My friend has a 1972 gremlin x with a 401
that should have the manifold i need, because we have been told all
401s were dogleg. It was orginaly a 304.