Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: So long hornet Idea, Hello Gremlin!!!! I have

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: So long hornet Idea, Hello Gremlin!!!! I have some Que...

From: "deezildennis" <dsinks@xxxx>
Date: 2004/01/25 Sun AM 12:39:23 EST
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: So long hornet Idea, Hello Gremlin!!!! I have some Que...

Dennis did you know that all 66-91 AMC V8s are identical externally sooo whats that mean you ask?? drop the 401 in and tell the smog nazi's its the factory 304!! your 74 doesn't have catyletic convertors in 75 they started using that bullshit device on all cars.do it up how you want to if the 401 is well tuned and you add a dual exhaust i don't see why it shouldn't pass your states goosestepping nazi blankety blank smog test :)
Bart
yeah the body and whatnot is great no rust and I was told all the
emmissions Equipment is still on it, whatever it may be for 1974.

The problem heres I had major headaches getting my cj5 to pass with
just headers and duals.  I upgraded the ignition on it but it always
had a issue passing inspection.

I could get historic tags for the car but that would only allow me to
drive it 1000 miles a year. But I wouldnt have emmisions ever again.
You have to document your miles here in MO so thats a bummer.

Im going to swap the 401 into the car and shoehorn the 304 into the
shed in case I sell the car later on.

Ive thought about just getting a 500cfm holley 2bbl to run on the 401.
I have a R4B Edelbrock that I could put on and run a 650 holley or
something and if possible swap the 2bbl onto the edelbrock for
emmisions testing.

The 401 is just a stock rebuild From RECON manufacturing and its
pretty damn strong with just a 2bbl on it.  What should I do?

Does the 1974 gremmys have a catylitic on them? Any do it your self
dual exhaust setups out there?  Ive built exhaust for the jeep and my
Diesel tow rig. Man I have too many questions!! LOL!!

1.So first thing with it is yank the stock 304
2. Put my 401 in
3. Build a dual exhaust with a h or x pipe
4. Get some wheels.  The hubcaps are almost too ugly for my tastes!
LOL!
5.Get some new carpet. Got any ideas?
6. Decide to put emmisions equipment back onto car.