Re: [BaadAssGremlins] So long hornet Idea, Hello Gremlin!!!! I have some

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] So long hornet Idea, Hello Gremlin!!!! I have some Questions.

From: "deezildennis" <dsinks@xxxx>
Date: 2004/01/24 Sat PM 11:15:01 EST
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] So long hornet Idea, Hello Gremlin!!!! I have some Questions.

First off congrads on your new purchase and second its a 74 thats pre smog so a 4v 401 would be ok don't neuter it LOLu hav a 904 behind the 304 and lastly PLEEEZE post pics of send em to me at badass73gremlin@xxxx and i will gladly post them for you
Bart
I so excited!! I just Bought my Second amc And its a Factory V8
gremlin!!!  (my first is a amc jeep cj5)

I paid way to much but its clean and rust free with 65k miles.

Heres the questions. What kind of emissions equipment am I going to
have to deal with on the car.  My 73 jeep has egr and charcol filter
and thats about it.

Is the 1974 about the same?  The goal is to stick my fresh 401 in it
but keep the 2bbl to keep the car in check with the emmissions police
here in mo.  All cars 72 and newer have to have emissions testing buy
the way.  I dont have the car yet i have to pick it up so i have no
Idea what emission controls are on it. Does it have a cat?

Also what tranny is in it? 904 or 998?

About the only thing it needs interior wise is carpet. Its faded real
bad in the front, rear and hatch area. Seats are great but the front
is a bench. What buckets would fit decently? Not to many gremmys in
the salvage yards up here but I think I seen a few concords and a
pacer or two.

I had planned on building a sc/360 clone but the kid that I had
planned on buying the car from never got back to me. So I decided to
get a factory v8 car to play with.

As you can see Im pretty much clueless about the gremlin lifestyle,
but thats soon to change!!

If you guys have any ideas for me please post em here and let me know.