Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 360 in Gremlin manafold problems

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 360 in Gremlin manafold problems

In a message dated 1/24/2004 11:37:48 AM Central Standard Time, cs10@xxxx writes:

i am putting a 1988 jeep amc 360 in a 1971 gremlin the motor is in but
today i went to put the exhaust manafolds on and it his the frame. i
have a set that would fit but there rectangular port not dog leg. The
ones with rectangular port also dont have emissions b.s. any one have
any ideas?

Sounds to me like you may have a set of free flow exhaust manifolds. There is no clearance on the drivers side because the manifold was originally designed for the full size engine compartment. The V8 manifold for the Gremlinis mush different and is not a free flow. I have a set on my '72 but I hadto modify the strut rod bracket for them to fit.

I notched the bracket so the flange bolt boss on the side of the manifold would have room. I decided on using these manifolds instead of headers. Withthe 2 1/4" flanges, the engine breaths just fine and I don't have to worryabout proper ground clearance needed for headers.

Rick