Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: drums Vs. discs...pros n' cons..

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: drums Vs. discs...pros n' cons..

I agree that disc brakes are better than drum brakes. I sure wouldn't advise anyone to switch from disc to drums. I am just saying they are not as dangerous as some seem to think they are. As I say this my brakes will go out on the way home from work, but I have had two complete brake failures in my life and neither was cause from drum brakes. One was from the power booster vacuum hose came off. You ever try stopping a car with the power booster out. Second I had a rubber brake line break on me. My next question is while I know most of your stopping power is on your front brakes why do they have front disc and rear drums on most cars. To me it would make more since to have disc all away around. I know and I will probably be banished from this site when I say this my 12 year old rice burner has them.
Terry