Insane Shipping Costs

I just got an E-Mail from the guy in California as to my reply telling him that 19.14$ was insane to ship one mirror. His reply was that they must make some kind of strange transfer to get it to Yonkers. How strange could it be as I am 3 miles north of the N.Y. City line? I am sure glad I had the alternative option from the guy in Canada.
"Doc"