Asian Tools?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David G." <servermaster13@xxxx> wrote:
> I dunno. I myself would spring for a GOOD set of
> tools, not some asain throw aways. Especially a
> grinder. Last thing you need is for the cheap piece of
> crap to fly apart and someone get hurt. Agree to
> disagree I supose. But for an extra $10 to know its
> not made out of recycled plastic bottles or something
> I think it is worth it.
>
> =====
> D.G. 713

Everything is made out of recycled plastic somthing. I don't buy cheap Asian wrenches or sockets, oh well I still have most of my first set of Snap On tools from 1964. But as far as 4-- 4 1/2 inch grinders go you are talking more than 10$ more for a better one? At 25$ a pop I can afford to throw a bad one away every 4-5 years as I use them up and I do give them hell. Dream on as my fathers boss used to say. For the hobbyist what little use it may get saves money for the car itself. You have a serloin steak ideas but are on a hot dog budget, been there done that. Talk this to me when you have a job and have to buy all this stuff. People buy a tool for what they can afford to pay and use it for. When my cheap Asian grinder goes bad I throw it away and get a new one. last el-cheapo lasted 5 years as I used it to death hobby wise not comercial wise. By the way most of the good ones are Asian made anyway even though the name on it is American. Sometimes it pays to by disposable. Not American friendly but it saves a buck for those like me who is on SS Disability and know's what I am useing the too for. On large items like engine stands and hoists it pays in the long run to buy the best you can afford and for what you plan on useing it for.
"Doc"
PS. I was a professional steel fabricator and a mechanic, now just an old man whose been there on both sides of the coin.