Re: Fender Well - OH WELL!

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Yep, the bolt is rusted, I will try to remove it today. I also
> noticed that I could see the ground through the fender well right
> under where the battery had been resting. Guess I get to learn how to
> cut & weld after all! -Lu-
> *********************************
> On the repo battery tray if the tray is in need of replacement the
> there is a 99% chance that the fender well it is bolted to is also
> rusted. Had that on my original yellow Hornet, rust, battery acid did
> it in. Had to cut out the rusted metal to repair the fender well so I
> could install a generic metal battery tray from the auto parts store.
> On the new Orange Hornet when I replaced the battery the original
> factory battery tray was like new with only minor surface rust.
> Later!!!!
> > "Doc"

Buy a cheap 4--4 1/2 inch grinder, one of those Asian throw away's and buy some cut off and grinding wheels from Eastwood to cut out the rusted metal. Also there are some nice 110 volt wire feed welders available for the home hobbyist at reasonable prices. I have a small Oxy/Acetelen torch setup so I just cut out the metal grind it and gas weld or braze in the repair panel. Check out the Northern tool catalog. I got my engine host and engine stand from them. Beware of Shipping costs as they can be expensive so try to get their stuff on sale.
"Doc"