Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Found: 1974 Gremlin X - read for parts

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Found: 1974 Gremlin X - read for parts

In a message dated 1/16/2004 6:05:30 PM Central Standard Time, themixtoo@xxxx writes:

Rick,  My Gremmie still has the original 'rear spoiler' (air deflector) on and it does have sometype of rubber gasket between it and the roof. I don't think I've ever seen them at swap meets or the last two AMO national meets I went to in Kenosha or Lansing. The last time I had the defector off they looked like they would be fairly simple to make.           'The Mix'

Thanks........I thought there should have been something there. I  attached the brackets directly to the sheet metal in order to get the proper measurement before cutting the two spoilers. When attached, the brackets setsquarely on the roof with no gap. I think I'll go to a local gasket company and get me a piece of rubber to shape and cut what I need. I just wish I had an old one to use for a pattern. Again, thanks for the info.

Rick