Sun Visor Repair Tip

The Springs in my sun visors appeared to have lost tension alowing the visor to move on it's axis. After not being able to get the right visors I used a horse shoe shaped washer I made to go between the spring and the housing and crimped it in to tighten the spring. The visors work fine now and look like new after dyeing them black. I told a friend what I did and he said why not use the horse shoe washer that holds the hand brake arm to the brake shoe on an AMC rear. Live and learn, hope this helps smeone.
"Doc"