Re: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AHHHHH. Fun disc brake change.

From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx>
Date: 2004/01/11 Sun AM 08:09:39 EST
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AHHHHH. Fun disc brake change.

I don't know why people think that softer 6 cyl springs are better for drag racing. It's actually the opposite. You want the heaviest stiffest spring you can get. We just put a new set in the drag gremlin from Espo springs. Got heavy duty for a v-8 car with AC.
The reason for the siffer spring is you want upward pressure on the front end. You don't want spongieness. the whole car should lift up and move forward.
P.S.
I took a few pics while I was working on the race car. check it out :o)>
Davis

Ok Davis ya got my ears a burnin,how much do these springs go for?i may be interested as i've already stiffened up the rear with V8 srpings with a leaf added 'my 400 lb fat ass won't even budge it' and kinda wanna freshen up the front since these springs are archaic and old
Bart