Re: Ordinary Carb Prices, Nothing Special Are They Made Of GOLD?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Do you need a Carter 1bbl carb? I can pull the one off my Gremlin
> since I don't plan on keeping the engine.....
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
> <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> > I lost out on a new carb for the new Hornet one eBay last week,
> nothing special just a plain old Carter 1bbl. The 2bbl Rochester went
> bad in my 77 Malibu winter beater last week also. I priced a rebuilt
> at my local auto parts store for the Malibu. They want 179$. > "Doc"

Good deal, let me know what you want for it.
The one on my new Hornet is so so but I see a replacement or rebuild in the spring. It is hard starting and I know it is the choke. If I had a spare I could rebuild it this winter and make the bracket for the manual ckoke like I have on the other Hornet and install it on a nice day. Them automatic choke Carters are the pits unless the engine is up to operating temperature summer or winter it makes no difference they suck. This car is just going to be an almost stock cruiser, with the Turbine wheels that came with it & the BFG Radial T/A tires I added and one of my custom interiors. Money allowing a nice clean paint job.
"Doc"