Ordinary Carb Prices, Nothing Special Are They Made Of GOLD?

Ordinary Carb Prices, Nothing Special Are They Made Of GOLD?

I lost out on a new carb for the new Hornet one eBay last week, nothing special just a plain old Carter 1bbl. The 2bbl Rochester went bad in my 77 Malibu winter beater last week also. I priced a rebuilt at my local auto parts store for the Malibu. They want 179$. Normally i'd just put a kit in it, but it's gotten extremely cold and I don't want any more work than I have to do to get this car up and runing. I also checked with National Carb in Florida who was recomended by someone on the AMX Files. Their prices were in relation to he guarentee they gave you. The 90 day was 129$ with 19$ shipping and a 40$ core charge. I would imagine it is also 19$ to ship the core back to them. The final price after the core refund is 12$ cheaper than my local auto parts store. Oh core refund is up to National's aproval. I am going to check the price at a store where my friend gets his parts from today, he tells me they can beat the other auto stores price. Sometimes convienence over rides price. I may just pop for the price from one of the local stores for the convienence of haveing the carb the next day and dropping off the core when I am done. Also these two local stores are AMC friendly so I'd like to give the locals my business if possible. I sure hate putting money into this Chevy that could be spent on my Hornet's.
"Doc"