This Weekends Projects

 Today I hope to install the restored 73 Hornet "X" steering wheel in my new 74. First I have to install the repaired and repainted plastic spacer, it's been bakeing in the dehydrator at 120 degrees for 48 hours. I have to give it a quick polishing. Here's a tip, regular automotive polishs and compounds have solvents that attack spray can enamels. I make a paste from Colgate Tooth Paste (not Gel), water and corn starch to polish spray can enamel paints.
Later today I hope to cut the cardboard backer board for another door panel and the last 1 of the 4 rear hatch panels. Monday I will have to go to the upholstery shop and pick up 3 more sheets of this material to complete the 2 rear door panels and the hatch panel. They cost 12$ a piece. I also have to go to my friends body shop and have him order me some new door panel upholstery clips and new chrome phillips head interior screws. It should take me 4-6 weeks to upholster all the new panels as I only buy the foam padding and vinal as I need it due to price. I already bought 100 black buttons for 40$. It's a winter project and I am not in a rush as I also have all the plastic pieces to repair and repaint. The biggest pain will be the dyeing of the headliner black. I haven't decided if I will remove it or leave it in for the dye job. I have a mint black back seat out of my original 74 since it dosen't fit since I instlled the 12 point cage. I just need to find 2 AMC bucket seats for the car. Later all I got to go polish out the steering wheel spacer.
"Doc"