Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Should I save it.

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Should I save it.

In a message dated 1/2/2004 3:28:16 PM Central Standard Time, servermaster13@xxxx writes:

I'll definately find inspiration in that story, Dave.
But I am 14 and I lack the experience and knowledge of
how to correctly perform the magnitude of an operation
my car needs

As far as I'm concerned, you are way ahead in the game already. When I was your age I couldn't even identify a car by just looking at it. The way Ilearned to work on cars was to jump in feet first and and learn on my own.

While in high school, I bought a Pontiac 326 V8 from a classmate for $5. A neighbor drug over an old Corvair and we had dreams of building a hot rod. Needless to say, dad got tired of seeing it in the front yard.

My first job was working as a bag-boy at the local grocery store. It paid a$1.25 an hour. I would cut grass too but back then, $2 was the going rate per yard. I saved until I had enough money to buy my first car when I was asenior in high school. It was a 1963 Chevy II with a 194 six cylinder. Even without money, there was a lot of things I did with that car. My labor was cheap......and still is.

Take things a step at a time, keep a positive and everything will fall intoplace and before you know it, you will have a ride to be proud of. When your dad sees you dedicate the time and effort, it may get him fired up too. Just keep the passion going........

Rick