Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Should I save it. (priorities)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Should I save it. (priorities)

Okay, well, I don't know about anyone else, but my
eyes sting after reading that. I was so tuned into
that writing of yours Eddie, that I didn't blink while
reading it. You are very right. However, unlike most
would think, I don't have problems with my parents. At
all. Nor anyone in my family. School isn't that much
of a burden. I don't have that busy of a life. Hell, I
wake up, go to school, come home, eat, hop on the PC
for a while, because I'm trying to get it finished.
Once the PC is out of the way, and I have some cash to
put towards a car, or my Dad buys the carb for his
race car or something I can do comes along, I'll come
home, and work on one of those projects. About our 4
AMCs. 1 is my Dad's strip/nice day car. It is a 75
Gremlin X 304, and usually at this time it is in
storage.. well, it is now too, only its outside for
its winter storage for the first year since hes owned
it. The Donohue.. well, thats sitting outside on a
trailer. That needs a lot of work. Too much to list. I
don't know too much about the car, except since we've
owned it, it hasnt gotten worked on a whole lot. Sorry
to say. That car is also my Dads, and he doesnt want
me screwing with it. I don't want me screwing with it
ethier, and his Gremlin, doesn't need work, except
maybe vaccum it out, which I'll do sooner or later,
maybe when its nicer out, as it is in storage and not
going anywhere. his strip car, a 70 Javelin SST, needs
work that cant be done to it without cleaning off the
whole car which is covered in both dust and tools and
stuff, and then cleaning it out of all the boxes of
stuff. The left rear fender needs a bit more body
work. I forget what he did to the fenders but he had
to modify them to get the slicks to fit, so he needs
to finish up the driver side. The interior needs to be
sealed off from the trunk, and the engine needs a
smaller carb, and the rear end needs to be rebuilt.
Mod the axle for racing and new gears and a locker.
Then go around and fill in the holes and prime it, and
it wouldn't look too bad going down the track. Theres
only a few things I can help out with on that car, and
I've already begun to clean it off and what not, but
he stopped work on it because he needed a certain
tool, and when he got it, it was too cold in the
garage to be working, and eventually he got more
involved with his job, working alot of OT and put the
project on the side for a while.. 6 years I think so
far. Then my car.. needs to be disassembled, both
engine, and interior, and it needs body work and an
exhaust and engine rebuild to get it back on the road,
but if I'm gonna go that far, I might as well go
further and get it painted, the seats reapolstered,
carpet cleaned(I hope I wont need to replace it, I'm
aiming for original here, and its in good condition,
just dirty). But I don't know how much of that I can
start doing now. I can do things like battery tray and
vaccum the carpet again. But the carpet really needs
to be pulled out and thoroughly cleaned and I don't
have the money for a battery tray at the moment. The
body work can't be done until its warmer, so meanwhile
it will have to wait. It's waited 11 years, I've had
to wait maybe 11 months so far, and I'm just too
impaitient. So thats really why I haven't done much to
any of the cars so far. Oh, and a place to work on the
cars would be nice. Our driveway is occupied, our
garage is narrow, we lost our other garage where our
cars were stored.. my grandfather lost his job for
having his stuff on the 2nd floor of the parking
garage, cause he really wasnt suposed to be storing
his stuff there, and we used to keep our cars there as
well. Things will clear up and get better from here.

=====
D.G. 713