Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Slow Progress Yesterday

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Slow Progress Yesterday

Cool post pics soon please.as for the rear wheels not turning the rear brakes are prob locked up from sitting you'll prob havta take the rear brakes apart and WD40 the shit outta them.
Bart
Well, I got the 'free' white 1974 Gremlin pulled out of the woods
from its 13 year resting spot and dragged to an open area so that it
can be loaded on a trailer and transported to my house. Yesterday, I
took the front tires off and will have inflatable used tires placed
on the rims. I have a problem now....the back tires will not turn. I
don't know if the car will go into neutral or not, the transmission
clicks through the gears, but it doesn't seem to help. I may have to
take the drive train apart? Another problem - both the front corner
plastic pieces are cracked, and don't look repairable. I hope these
pieces are not too hard to find. Otherwise, the body looks too be in
good shape with only surface rust, and the interior appears usable. A
good note: I went through the glove box and found the dealer's bill
of lading for delivery of this car from 1974 along with many service
papers and the AMC owners plastic card! Fun reading, and nice history
of this baby.