Re: Got Kicked in the Wallet Again!!!

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <badass73gremlin@xxxx> wrote:

> Sorry to hear about that Doc,buut these are old cars and be thankful its not a new one where lil trivial parts cot thou$ands to get repaired.
> Bart

You have a good point there Bart. Minor parts on these computer/electronic controled new cars cost a fortune. It's just with all the money I have spent so far I didn't need this. I may just park it till the spring. I still have my other Hornet to drive on nice days. The licence plates only cost me 55$ for 2 years and the insurance was only 34$ as I added it to my Classic Car policy from the other Hornet. If I remember corectly from 3 years ago when I rebuilt the front end in the other Hornet the inner & outer tie rod ends for both sides along with the pitman arm and idler arm cost about 300$. With the upper and lower ball joints on both sides the total for everything was 500$. I just put 2 new BFG Tadial T/A tires on the front that cost me 190$ and don't want to kill them with a bad front end. I may just save up the 500$ for the parts and do the whole front end in the spring, along with a complete brake job, figure another 4-500$ in parts as I need drums and rotors, & calipers. In the mean time I can still repair all the other little things that need to be fixed when the weather permits and do the new interior in the house when the weather is bad this winter. I already have 85% of the interior materials on hand, so there will be no big out of pocket money neeed to do the interior.
"Doc"