Re: Tuesday's Fiasco!!!

Hi Doc, hopefully you can fix that rear piece with little or no show. Sad to
say but that is how a majority of society is. I'vee seen people back into
vehicles in parking lots and lights, lenses, front and rear large moldings
on newer cars, take a beating....then they drive off. One lady looked
directly at me like "what?" after she took out a new Mustang's tail light
with her high riding Toiletota. I gave her "the look" to let her know that I
saw it, and simply memmorized her license plate number and wrote it down to
stick on the Mustang's window after she had left. I don't know if it was
just being indifferent or stupidity or don't care or what, maybe a combo of
all of the above people do stuff like that.

Have also seen other worse ones, there was a wreck the other day here a guy
ran a red light, totalling the other car, killing that driver, and the guy
who ran the red light....ran off on foot. I don't believe he was caught
either.

Strange too is that I had a call not more than a hour ago from a adjuster.
They were asking me about my 1980 Spirit GT, Big Bad Blue, 258, 4spd with
27,000 miles I had for sale in some ad. Problem was it sold in October for
$1600. But then the lady told me her real intentions. They had a 'client'
who had totalled a 1980 Spirit, and wanted 'to get a idea on what it would
be worth for a settlement'. In other words, some poor Spirit owner is out a
car now has to deal with swarmy insurance clowns who want to quickly cut
him/her a check for a couple of hundred bucks.
I don't know if the Spirit was a Concourse showcar worth $5-$8K, or a nice
daily driver only worth the price of parts in it, maybe sentimental value of
which you can't put a price tag on, who knows. But the smart money sez the
lady and her insurance adjusters will probably quickly offer the totalled
Spirit owner $500-$1200 sadly.
Anyhows, Doc, good luck to you with the Hornet.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com

Doc wrote:
> I am finally calm enough to talk about Tuesdays Fiasco. 1st someone hit
the new Hornet in a parking lot bending the rear bumper corner and tweeking
the rubber filler between the body and bumper and slightly denting the lower
quarter panel where the bumper hit it. I don't know who did it. A come along
and a pole is all I need to pull it all out. Then at the tire shop they
strip an axel stud while putting on the new rear tires. Then on the way home
I find on a hard turn the new front tires rub the fender well lip on both
sides. These Turbine Mags must have a little deeper offset than the
Superiors on the other Hornet as I have the same size tire on the front of
that and it dosen't rub. Today I will get a rubber mallet or a base ball bat
and roll the front fender lips and hope that cures the problem when I am at
the tire shop haveing the axel stud replaced. On a brighter note I used the
car to go to my daughters yesterday with my wife and 2 son's and it
perfromed flawlessly. I !
> was just carefull not to make to sharp a turn so the tires wouldn't rub.
Also the 100 Black buttons for the button & tufted custom interior came in
so I will pick them up today also. Hopefully this weekend my friend can
install the ignition tumbler for me. His back was out last weekend and he
spent it in bed.