Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hey guys

In a message dated 12/24/2003 10:38:32 AM Central Standard Time, servermaster13@xxxx writes:

Good to know Doc, thanks. Butjust as a reminder: I'm
14, so I have 2 years to get the car going before I
get my license, and even then I don't plan on driving
it around.. show car. -Dave

I'm sure there are many of us that have had that same passion. Don't set a goal so high that you would loose interest or go broke before it is completed. I have seen some fine examples of carrying a restoration to an extreme.

When I attend any car show, I like to see a vehicle that shows detail. Thisdoes not necessarily mean a "factory correct" type of restoration either. Attention to detail is limited by cost, time, and imagination. Regardless of the make, model or year anyone is into, there are a lot of unfinished "projects" for sale out there also. Things can change in a heartbeat. Priorities can shift and passions can dwindle.

You will need a lot time and plenty of patience.  There is a lot you can do in the mean time. How solid is the Gremlin? A car can deteriorate badly just sitting there. If it is under a tree, I take it that it is sitting on dirt. Over the years, the moisture in the ground can seriously cause problems.

It is vital that you have a good solid vehicle to start with. Unless, you can do the cutting, shaping, fitting and welding, it could be costly.

Check it out and look close to see what you really have.

Rick