Re: I have an opportunity for a Gremlin....Should I?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 12/16/2003 6:55:58 PM Central Standard Time,
> servermaster13@xxxx writes:
>
> > "Fortunately, someone I
> > knew wrecked his Gremlin and he gave me the plates."
> >
> > So its fortuneate that he wrecked a nice car?? :(
> >
> > It is never fortunate that a friend wrecks a Gremlin. I considered myself
> fortunate that he gave me the parts.

Some must die so others may live, it's a fact of life we all have to deal with. I cut up a friends 79 Concord 4 door a few years back. The parts from that car went into 2 of his Concords, one a coupe and the other a Concord AMX and also some parts went into my yellow Hornet. Mainly the rear. Yes you can modify the mounting plate and elimiate that big rubber isolator to mount the rear to an earlier car and with the use of an in stock universal joint adapt the later rear yoke to the earlier drive shaft. Luckily I have a friend who makes drive shafts, all he did was look in the book for the spec's on my 74 dirve shaft and the spec's on the 79 Concord rear and found a universal joint that one side fit the 74 and the other side fit the 79. It was a bolt in. The only other thing I had to modify was to use a 74 rubber brake line hose as a 79 was not availavle. Explain that one to me?
"Doc"