Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Snow's Comeing

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Snow's Comeing

5 to 9"  you say Doc? Up here in CT we are predicted to get 18" I spent the day shuffling cars and cleaning up the yard. Cleaning and organizing my work bay in my 4 bay garage.
 Made some room in the middle bay for my 73 gremlin so I can bring my 69 amx home and put it where the 73 gremmie is,,,,,,,,in my two bay garage. Got 2 new aluminum doors to put on at some point. Gotta do alotta wiring. Seems like it never ends, and thats not counting getting anything done on my 4 amc projects! I am concentrating on my 72 Gremlin X first. So far I have replaced the front rotors, bearings, seals, calipers, and pads. All swapped from the original front drums. Replaced the rear leafs with HD 5 leaf springs, added a sandblasted and painted ford 9" rear out of a 70 mustang, all new rear brakes, cleaned the engine compartment. Been sandblasting odds and ends. Blasted a torker and had the exhaust crossovers welded shut. Bought a rebuilt TF 727, B&M shift kit, NOS Hurst auto stick ( Had it since I was 18 for a future gremmie Project), 4000 stall converter. Still got along ways to go.
  The sickness continues.
 Davis

amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> Doc
>
> I can remember our first experience with snow when we moved to Michigan. It
> was on November 10, 1984. I had the wife stay home and I went to the store and
> bought a couple weeks of groceries.........we had no idea what things would be
> like. Down here in Texas, if even the slightest amount of snow falls,
> everything pretty much shuts down.
>
> Yesterday, I did the "honey do" thing. I put up Christmas lights. It didn't
> leave much time for the Gremlin.
>
> Using space inside the house for Hornet parts isn't too bad. Several years
> ago I assembled a '37 Harley in our living room. Heck, I even fired it up,
> inside the house, popped the clutch and burned a spot in the carpet. It was a
> rental house :)
>
> Hopefully I can spend time in the garage today. I want to get some interior
> trim pieces painted or at least in primer. I had also removed the mounting
> bracket from the bottom of the dash I plan to use. Originally, it never had paint
> on it so I cleaned it up with OSPHO. While I was at it, I coated the trim
> pieces too.
>
> I also put an assortment of interior screws into a small board. This made it
> easy to clean them up in the blasting cabinet. I sprayed them with black paint
> and now they look new.
>
> Bart.......I'll get those kick panels to ya as soon as I find a box to ship
> them in. I may be able to find one when I return to work on Monday.
>
> Ya'll be good.........
>
> Rick

Well it's here and by the time it stops they say 5-9 inches of snow. I took the Yellow Hornet out this morning before the sow started for some errands and spent the day doing some of the Honey Do's. When my daughter moved out 4 years ago me and my son grabbed a grabbed a 4'X6' walk in closed before my wife could. We put up shelves and use it to store my Hornet parts and his Javelin parts. I have the wood to put up more shelves too. I have parts behind my dresser, book cases, wall units. Seems like there is never enough room for everything. I have a 2 car garage with one Hornet and my son's 74 Javelin and rent a storage space a few blocks away from where I live too. I guess tomorrow would be a good day to make the new shelves.  Send us some warmth up north Bart.
"Doc"