Re: Happy Thanksgiveing

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> Doc
>
> I have had no luck finding the steering column yet. I just can't remember
> what I did with it. There is no way that I got rid of it so I know it has to be
> here somewhere.
>
> By the way, I found my copy of the STREET SCENE MAGAZINE I told you about. It
> was dated October 1977 and included an article on the '77 Street Machine
> Nationals.........including a photo of a Hornet from Yonkers, New York.
>
> Sure is a small world, isn't it?
>
> Since I know my Gremlin was at the 77 Nationals, I'll have to plan on
> attending the 2007 Nationals.........if it's still around.
>
> T spent some time in the garage yesterday working a little on the Gremlin.
> This morning, the temperature was around 29 degrees. It will have to warm up
> before I go into the garage today.
>
> You mentioned repairing plastic pieces. My dash is cracked between the
> steering column and the instrument panel. What could I use to glue it back together
> and get a strong repair? Let me know.
>
> Rick

I use a 2 part epoxy made by VersaChem for all plastic interior repairs, it is called Plastic Welding System. It sets up in 15 min. For added strength I usually reinforce the crack on the back of the part with some Evergreen sheet styrene plastic or some 1/8 or thinner plexiglass. Since I am a model car builder I always have some around. If you need some thin plastic for backing the repair let me know about what size and will cut you a piece and mail it in an envelope to you. There are plastic interior parts in my yellow Hornet that I used this epoxy on that have lasted for over 2 1/2 years. There is no longer a NSRA Street Machine Division. I think there is a Car Craft Street Machine Nat's. I seem to remember seeing someone holding one in St. Paul recently on TV. Like I said no rush on the ignition tumbler. I got the doors and trunk and glove box done. It turned from cold and heavy rain yesterday to just plain cold and extremely windy today. It is going to be cold and windy for the next few days so work is suspended. I took the yellow Hornet out for a ride over to my mothers house to check on the battery in her car I had on charge this morning. The wind was blowing the car all over the highway. I think this afternoon I will work on a model of a Rebel Machine I am building.
"Doc"