On Going Motorola Alt. light Problem- Help Needed

On Going Motorola Alt. light Problem- Help Needed

The faulty diode trio problem in these Motorola alternators is nothing new to me. I have rebuilt the one in my bought new 74 Hornet at least every 12-15,000 miles in the last almost 30 years. I simply pop in a new brush kit a set of bearings and solder in a new diode trio. So when I had the alt. light problem appear on the way home from the last cruise of the season, the first one with the new car I figured I had it solved. Not this time. I did my usual rebuild and installed it to find it worked some times and not others, I also swapped in a known good regulator too. I installed profesional rebuilt alt. I got from a friend and it worked but the light would come on and off all of a sudden, but would go out if you opened or closed the drivers door or hood. The alt. was charging by my testor even when the light was on. Someone on the AMX files suggested that the fuse in the fuse panel for the instruments was bad and the jarring of the door and hood caused the problem and another person suggested that maybe the plug connector at the base of the steering column was loose. I cleaned the fuse conector for the instruments and added a new fuse an also checked the connector at the steering column. It seemed to cure the problem, but now here is another one. Sometimes when you shut off the car the alt. light faintely glows and other times it dosen't. I am at loss here as I never had this problem with my other Hornet in almost 30 years. I drove the car for errands the other day and it seemed to be ok except for this new problem. When I parked it I discomected the battery as I don't want to come out and find it dead. The cold weather is hear and I don't need to get stuck somewhere with a dead batttery. Oh I installed a new battery too. Can someone help me on is. If I had the cash i'd go for the Delco kit, but I am already into this for 40$ for the rebuilt Motorola alt. and for another 20$ for thparts for the one I rebuilt.
"Doc"