LIFE SUCKS - was - Subject: DEPRESSION!!!!!

On 18 Nov 2003 at 20:11, BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[BaadAssGremlins] Digest Number 125
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:38:45 -0000
From: "hemmigremmie" <hemmigremmie@xxxx>
Subject: DEPRESSION!!!!!

Hello All.
Anyone else out there ever get depressed when it comes to the
progress on your Gremlin? I was supposed to have my Block and crank
the machine shop already, but unseen circumstances has kept me away
and after several months of being able to do nadda to the Gremlin, Im
depressed! Its getting cold and I have no garage, so its about to
late
to start on anything. Anyway, just wondered if any other barely over
poverty income people ever get depressed on there progress? Cya, Rod

yEAH -	rOD ! If you hadn't got it caught in your Zipper -
you woulda' been able to climb out that window Quicker - without
Whimpering so Much !
Hey ! maybe the Machine Shop Owner
didn't hear you & doesn't suspect anything dude ! :)

I'm still collecting Parts for my Project Series 50 .

It has been a pretty Incredible two months for parts tho .

I had advertised for a set of rear hatch Louvers off a '77 AMX
to make some side window Louvers out of for my Kammback.

I'd seen a set on a '77 AMX years ago - must have been aftermarket
as I haven't seen any since - and no one ever made side window
louvers for any Eagle Kammback or Spirit Sedan .

Got a few replies - mostly greedy - and I'd resigned to doing this
'later' when I had the cash to move on it with .

Then - I get a message eMail from 'Mike' in Florida :

He has a nice rack of '78 AMX Louvers - in his warehouse -
and I can have them for the shipping costs ........

they are sitting here and are perfect - exactly what I need and
in Excellent Condition ..... free...... go figure ........ .

I traded eMail with Mike - found he was fixing up an AMC for
his Brother - to get him into our Camp - & was looking for an
AMC am-fm Radio . I have one in my Parts Javalin - it's a '72
and complete - ........ I'm sending it to him for the shipping cost
of the Radio .

There is a local builder that has an English Wheel - which is what
the Britts use to hand make body panels with .

He can cut this rack of louvers in half - then 'Roll' the cut end to
match the side window measurments .

Should look 'Weird' enough to suit my Taste ..........

Did manage to get off eBay a NOS '76 - '78 Pacer AMC AM-FM-Tape
Radio Wire Harness - as my Kammback came Radio Delelte .

I'd been outbid after my initial bid - so I let it go until the last
day .

I was so pissed that it had been bid up from $20.00 to $36.00 that
I entered a Top Bid of $150.00 & figured I ' d sort it out later

My computer took 5 minutes and 2 seconds to get the final Bid in as
the auction closed - I WON by 18 Seconds !!

$37.85 Final Price .

Harness has all the Original ends & Tags - .

Never figured I'd EVER find a NOS harness for my AMC CB -am-fm
Radio .

It took me going on 3 years and 8 AMC CB radios later to
finally find the BEST two CB-am-fm radios - which look like
the later Javalin Radios - almost a square block rather than
a rectangle ....... so I've 6 rectangles and Two Square units.

The 6 Rectangular units - I'll sell - eventually .

None came with enough of the car harness to do a decent installation
as the Kammback came Radio Delete - Harness Delete .

Had to give up some lunch money to get this - but I knew as I did
when the Block CB units came on eBay - I won't be getting another
shot anytime soon for these parts - .

>From reading eBay lately - I'm right - bunch of loose end stuff -
like t-shirts etc......

One could say I''m 'pissin' away cash on accessories -
yet - these things are not showing up with any frequency -
and the damn prices are rising real quick !

A few months back I did find and purchase a '71 SC 360
K-member to swap in a V8 and lose the front drive system
on my Series 50 Eagle .

And I got a New 401 / 727 Flexplate . Just need to find the cash
for the Trans. I located down South - and get it shipped - and then
rebuild it ........... by THEN ..... I'll have taken that Trip
upstate to look at a 401 Engine ......... which needs a
rebuild........ another two years.........

As long as I'm getting parts & finding leads - I'm making progress !

Just bought 5 "X" emblems for the Final Version of my project .......

Can't say I'm not Optimistic !

These are the 2 1/ 8 " X 3 / 4 " stick on units .

When I first started this gig - I bought a Gremlin ' X ' Grille ' X
' Badge from an amc-lister in Florida ........ so this completes the
Set :) .....[ I wunner who ? ]

I really wanted to buy Barts' Gremlinman Gas Cap -
had to get this Radio thing completed first - so I stood down .

So 'Buk-uP' Rod-Man !

Life Sucks - then you buy a Grem .......!

Brien.
NEW YORK