YUGO Fuego

On 26 Oct 2003 at 13:33, BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Date sent: 26 Oct 2003 13:33:54 -0000
From: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Digest Number 113
Send reply to: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:16:41 -0000
From: "will" <scottco73@xxxx>
Subject: I am here and am the one who wants the chevy lol

just to make you even sicker Bart, both hornets are sc360 cars. I
would love to do an amc motor just can't find anything for them.
does
anyone make a roller cam that is not insane, or how about aluminum
heads, gear drives, good forged pistons that a poor bastard can
afford? if you can help please let me know and save these rare cars
from the butcher. lol any help is appreciated

I KNOW I'm gonna' catch "Heat" from this post - BUT :

Where did the original engines go ?

These bitches are good for 500HP on pump gas !

JEEzus Man !! - been partyin' All Night - climbed out of bed when I
heard the eMail come in - it is 7:53 AM - ........ you wanna' wHAT??

Chevy in SC cars ? ..... Do You Know..... no ....you probably don't
...... Ok ...... look - ....... BIG MAJOR lineage thing with HORNET
cars - like HUDSON race cars of the 50s' with 7X factory Race
engines & Factory dual carbs - alloy heads - etc. ....DAYTONA
WINS over 8cyl. cars...... and back to the 70s' - these SC cars
are LIMITED PRODUCTION items ....... man...... these are
Show cars - in DEMAND! - ....... do them up right - as you can
sell them later for PROFIT	! if you don't end up keeping them.......

Your cars are currently set up for V8 AMC engines - 360 or 401 .

You go septic pumping a GM into that engine bay - ........

yank out those V8 crossmembers and use the 6 cyll. units
to butcher up for those Biscayne BuBBlers ..... sane people
NEED THOSE AMC V8 CROSSmembers @!

If the engines are blown out -

You ask around enough - you'll find a healthy 360 to build - like a
'72 with the thicker cyl.walls - . 401 engines show up on eBay
pretty frequently - just create a shortcut on your computer & check
every few days - usually $500.00 for a complete motor .

I know of a few 401s in Oregon - can be shipped - if your for real .

Headers are a major pain to get straight answers on - as the majority
of STREET performance guys go with the late AMC factory manifolds
since Header makers pump out a lot of crap that leaks - you need
to finish the welds on the flanges to not leak pressure .

ARP carries all the bolts for the AMC .

Yes - Alum. Heads are now offered by Herman Lewis and Indy Cyl. Heads
and Edelbrock is casting up for AMC as well - they just brought out
the Air Gap intakes for AMC with EFI 'bungs' on the manifold if you
choose to swap in a '91 Camero EFI system - WHICH is a good
system with plenty of options for the computer .
Strip out the harness and transplant .

Milodon had gear drives for AMC - someone else as well -
so they are out there ........dual idler gears would be quieter .....
a roller chain uses less HP tho. I'd go for the complete
Anti Walk cam kit that comes with chain etc. off the
amc-list .

Randy Guynn has NEW thrust bearings-AMC with varying
THRUST surfaces available - to tighten up the lower end .

VENOLIA has light weight forged pistons and lite weight wrist pins
with Teflon Buttons . Choose any Ring Pak you like - Zero Gap
comes to mind .......

CRANE cams have Hydraulic Street Roller Kits available in most any
grind you want - just call . I prefer a 'Torque' cam above a high
winder for Street use ....... If 'the hurtin' ain't in by that 5K RPM
- shift - ......

Anti-Walk cam kits are offered by a craftsman on the amc-list .

Fluid Damper has harmonic damper units for AMC.

401's have Forged Cranks and rods and the block will take the 4 bolt
main kits - Milodon has kits and a guy on the amc-list is a machinist
and makes BETTER kits !

Oil pans from Hamburger and Milodon are out there .

Crane has roller rockers as does Harland / Sharp .

Edelbrock made years ago : Cross Ram intakes / Tunnel Rams etc.

California Classic has bitchin' Alum . AMC Race valve covers - taken
from the Trans Am units - *Nice* -

If these are Automatics : use the MoPar 360cu.in. A-999 internals
in the AMC case - non lock up or lock up . Lite weight and bullet
proof . Trannies are 1980 to 1987 ...... 2:47 first gear.

Trans Go have Auto / Manual valve bodies .

Run the biggest Trans. pan you can - usually 2 extra quarts
and a big trans. cooler - make one up from a late model
A / C condensor core - add Earls' Fittings braze on ends
to connect & you have the best .

I've the address as to where to purchase the rebuild
bands & stuff for the trans. ........ just let me know &
I'll hook you up - ..... this place is where most ALL
the performance rebuilders purchase from ......
and you get the BEST price available anywhere .

Straight Buck Wallet , chief ........

- don't waste these SC cars with
a 'hair-ball' mill ......... yeah ...... I know ..... there are
List guys here that have chevrolet engines in AMC cars :

some had the engines 'right there' and ready ...... others
didn't do their homework until after the deal was done .

But - with the SC360 cars :

First - you'll lose on your investment - creating these 'turds' -
from 'Certified' Muscle Cars .......

Second - you wind up with a "Keep the Hood Closed - thank you"
at AMC gatherings .

Yeah...like a 327 Malibu motor in a SuperBird - like "WhaT tHE fUKK?!

"CorvairSpecialties"......

OK - 'nuff said - I'm going back to Bed.! ...
Gad AWful nightmare ..........

Brien.
NEW YORK
'milners - coupe'