Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gas question and a bye bye!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gas question and a bye bye!

Something you might wish to try is putting a can or two of Siloo in there
which gets rid of any moisture, I have been using that stuff for years with
cars that might have water in the tank. A big problem also is that many
cities have crap gas, and designer gas tailored to meet that areas emissions
standards. Some gas goes bad in as little as six months. I bought a 74
Gremlin 258-6 from a fellow in Conroe last year, and it had only sat up
three months but I still had to yank the tank, and I washed it out with a
gallon of Chemtool, let it sit fro several days to dry and air out, cleaned
the sending unit really well (I also removed the filter on there, left the
hole suck hole open) reinstalled the tank. I usually run two fuel filters on
all my cars here in Houston; the CLEAR type, one is between the fuel pump
and the frame, the other close to carb. That way you have double protection
if anything you missed comes loose from the tank.
Of which it usually does, the tanks are 20-33 years old. This method above
is a poor mans fix, the alternative is take it to a reaidaotr shop and have
them clean it, or send it Gas Tank Renu (they do great work!!) listed on my
vendors list, thye have dealers all over the US. Good luck,
Eddie Stakes' Planet Houston aMX
www.planethoustonamx.com