Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Front suspension question?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Front suspension question?

In a message dated 4/25/03 1:48:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hemmigremmie@xxxx writes:

Hey Fellow Gremsters.
Im wanting to put new springs and shocks on the front of my Gremlin
and I found some that I was wondering if they might work. The shocks
are kinda coil over looking, but the fella said they will fit any
Gremlin and like most Matadors, AMX's, ect... The springs are a set
from a 401 car. If the shocks are pretty much a direct replacement,
then would the 401 springs be just heavier, but not built different?
Im just woried the 2 might not work together. But if the springs from
a 6 banger and a V8 are made the same, just ones heavier, then Im ok.
Does this make sense? Rod

Rod,the V8 springs should fit and the shocks if they have the same mountingareas as your other shocks should fit also,are these shocks aftermarket racing ones? i.e Competition engineering?are you doing this to beef up your front end for the arrival of a Hemi?
Bart M.
73 Gremlin AMC 360/T10
Moderator,BaadAssGremlins