Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Power Brake Booster

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Power Brake Booster

The booster for a drum brake car is a single diaphragm and the booster
for a disc brake car is a double diaphragm. Both are the same size
externally. Masters will not swap from one to the other. Being different
the disc brake conversion using the drum brake master requires a little
more pressure on the brake pedal. The power brake master has a larger
reservoir for the disc brakes to make it idiot proof so it does not run
out of fluid. If you use a drum brake master check the fluid every 6
months. I have the stock Kelsey Hayes disc brakes on my orange 74 Hornet
and a 79 Bendix set up off a non power brake Concord on my yellow 74
Hornet with a stock drum brake booster and master. Both cars stop
equally well with the converted car needing a bit more pedal pressure to
stop. The big difference is that the disc's on the converted car don't
have the serious brake fad it had driving through the hills. You also
have to remove the brake fluid check valve in the drum brake masters
outlet for the front brakes when you do the conversion to disc's.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'