RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Iced In Again

Youse guys got it easy... I know I complain about the weather every year at this time too, but today its -34C and with the wind its -46C.  That's cold even for here.

Converted to Farenheit, that's -29.2F and -50.8F respectively.   Can you guys imagine how cold that is?
A typical walk-in freezer temp is between 17F and 10F.

I walk two blocks to work and bundled up in scarf, mitts, hat, 2 jackets.  Even with that on, my face is frozen by the time I get in (and by frozen, I mean I have no feeling in it).

Exposed flesh freezes within five minutes.  If I were to put a thawed steak on my front step, it would easily be frozen solid within half an hour.  Heaven forbid that your furnace stops working or your car heater core goes south.  Cars won't even start (or turn over for that matter) at these temps.  The crankcase oil is like molasses.  The only way to get your car going is to plug it in (almost every car in Canada is equipped with a block heater).

I keep a spare car battery in my house because every time I need to start my car, I swap out the battery.  The battery that is left in the car overnight is dead from the cold.

I WISH I could work on my car, but I don't feel like freezing my hands.  My daily driver has a flat tire and I refuse to change it during these temps.  Luckily everything I need is within two blocks of my home so I can get away with not driving for a few days.

I would be prancing around in a t-shirt and shorts if I had 50F weather (that's like 10C).  In fact, in the springtime after the thaw, I actually do that because my body is so accustomed to the cold that it feels almost hot outside.

I'm in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.  Here is a link showing current conditions in my city.

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?yxe

Hows that for cold?

And THAT is why Canada is a great place to live, LOL.