[BaadAssGremlins] Cop Cars - Take a Hit

CHP had believed a minimum of 122" was necessary for a road-hugging
stance on the freeway, and to minimize driver fatigue. I believe they
came up with this figure as an outgrowth of research done by
legendary LAPD squad guru Ray Moore, who believed different cars were
best for different uses and that one car could not do it all. Moore
strongly believed in larger cars for freeway work.

My uncle, Larry Echols, was a CHP officer during this era, and while
he primarily rode a Harley he often found himself inside a squad in
bad weather. He loved the Polaras, the 1969 being his all-time
favorite, and would go out of his way to avoid having to take a 1972
Polara since it had noticeably less power than the 1971. He described
the Olds squads as smooth and powerful but not holding the road as
well as the Dodges. He didn't like the Mercurys at all, and claims to
this day that he was once outrun in a Mercury by a 304 Gremlin.

========

just more "Stuff" - found on the great .net

             Brien.
         NEW YORK
   eagle registry #501
eagle kammback registry