[BaadAssGremlins] Car Craft 74' Grem, 70'390, 904, amc 20 pump gas runni

[BaadAssGremlins] Car Craft 74' Grem, 70'390, 904, amc 20 pump gas running 7.42's on reringed 390!

Davis,
My dad has a real nice 74' amc gremlin that is Big Bad Orange with replacement hockey stripes from phonix,  He just ran it at the drag strip and we ran a 7.42 at 91mph in the 1/8th , which is about a 11.50 with two blow head gaskets, on a basically rebuilt 70' 390 that we did a red neck port and polish job, left the stock valves in it, stock crank, rods, even the original cast pistons, we just reringed and put new bearings in it, put a hyd. comp cam with .541 lift, a old torker, Scorpion roller rockers, we took a 750 DP and put a proform bowl in with big jets.  The car looks bad ass.  We have Drag lites with Drag radials BF goods on the rear and skinney's on the front.  The body is all stock with a roof rack, Rechromed bumpers, tinted windows and the 401 emblems like on the Javelins and amx's on the front finders.  The interior is Black with redone white seats it is all stock other than the Hurst Shifter and the Grant steering wheel, this car is Old school.  The suspension is stock, with Cal Tracks, which is a great suspension for less than $350, we are running a factory amc 20 with a spool and 410 gears,  The trans is a 904, with a Reverse manual valve body, a tci pan, and a tci 3,500 stall.  We got the 390 for $300 and built it very cheap, we probably have less than 2500 in the motor.
We replaced the head gaskets, it was running on only two sealed off cylinders, 6 cylinders were leaking compression and blowing antifreeze and we still ran a 7.42 Also we are taking the car back to the dragstrip tomorrow with the problem fixed, so we should run faster. I think that it is the perfect car to show in car craft for a cheap 11 second car that is street driven, How many chevy or ford guys have less than 2500 in there motor, running mid 11's in the quarter.  I am going to try to get some very good pics of the car a the track tommorow so i am going to try to post them.  This car is no trailer queen, but is one of the nicest cars you will see at a drag strip and it always draws a crowd at the car shows and at the track.
Jade Neal
Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also the body is stock on my 72 grem X
 Davis