[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin GT (Hey Lu) - shhhhhhhhhhh...

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin GT (Hey Lu) - shhhhhhhhhhh...

Well, I don't want to jinx myself, but I am negotiating buying that
orange Gremlin GT from a guy here in rural AL. It was his brothers,
has sat at his business for several years, and now the landlord is
making him clean up his place. He traded the GT (plus other items)
to a neighbor for a riding lawnmower hours before I was able to get
to it, so now I am talking to the neighbor about it. It looks in
good shape and comes with everything except the engine (they pulled
the 6-258 to put into a Jeep). Everyone light a candle or cross your
fingers for me that I can get it now! If I do get it, I am thinking
of putting the 360 and possibly the 727 in it instead of the
white '74. If I do, I will definately save the 4-speed and trans.
out of it and refuse to hack up the interior in any way as I may put
it back stock someday. I will let you know soon if it becomes mine.
WISH ME LUCK!!! -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Refresh an old man's memory. Is the reason you are asking all these
questions about a Gremlin GT because you found one? I vaguely
remember you saying you found one or am I wrong? Someone stated that
the flairs were the same as a 78 Concord AMX. I think those are
harder to come by than the 77 AMX flairs. Especially the front air
dam. My friend hunted for 5 years for a good front air dam for his
Concord AMX and never found one. I have in the 4 years on line never
seen any for sale and only 2 sets of Hornet AMX ones for sale of
which I bought one set and fixed Rick up with the front air dam he
needed for his Gremlin.
> "Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.