Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 78 Gremlin Spare Tire Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 78 Gremlin Spare Tire Question

I will be seeing or speaking to my friend by the end of the week and
will find out about what GM doughnut fits and post the info here.
Something just dawned on me that I also have to check out. The GM spare
fit my yellow Hornet when it was a drum brake car. Last june I had 79
Concord disc brakes installed in the front. I don't know if the GM wheel
will fit with disc's in the front now.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

--- Begin Message --- Thanks for the info!  I prefer having a full-sized
spare anyway (that's what I put in my Neon -- why
change a tire to then have to limp to a service
station?).

I've got a list cars that match the bolt pattern, but
i'm not sure which cars also match the offset.  Doc,
If you find out what GM doughnut fit your Hornet, I'd
love that information.  Otherwise, I plan on hitting
the junkyards after the temps go above freezing. :)

The alternator is replaced.  Halleluja.

pax

>>Subject: Re: 78 Gremlin Spare Tire Question

Judging by the year you have a Delco alt. not that
crap Motorola so
your
lucky. I have a doughnut spare from a GM in my yellow
Hornet. A friend
gave it to me. I don't know what GM it came off but I
know it fits the
AMC bolt pattern. I'll find out what cars it came off
of. I need to get
a spare myself as I have been  running around with a
can of flat fix
myself for the last 14 months.
"Doc"

=====
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams