[BaadAssGremlins] Some Progress

I spent part of yesterday morning assembling the new small Christmas
tree for the house. 36 inches tall with fiber optic lights that change
colors. Now that that was done and my wife would be happy when she came
home from work. Since I was stuck in the house because of the heavy rain
I continued working on the backing for the custom hatch upholstery
panel. Work was slow due to my rib problem which is getting better by
the day. I almost have the backing completed. One more hours work and I
will be ready to install the upholstery and the buttons.
Checking supplies I find I am short of 3M Trim Adhesive and chrome trim
screw washers. The adhesive is no problem as the local auto body supply
store has it but the chrome washers will probably have to be ordered.
This is no big deal as the panel will not be installed till after the
new year. My Door Popper came from Auto Loc last nite. I am installing
it on the hatch to make it easier to open using only one hand. I
installed one in the yellow car years ago. As with everything else I
have done on this car it has to be difficult to install. The one I
bought 4 years ago has been discontinued. Installation was a matter of
drilling 3 holes and installing it with 2 1/4X20 counter sunk screws and
nuts. This one mounts differently requiring a custom made bracket. I'll
stop by my friends steel shop this morning for a piece of steel to make
the bracket as it is right around the corner from the auto body supply
store. Tomorrow me and my wife and 2 son's are going to my daughters for
dinner. We are going in the orange Hornet like we did last year. There
will be a big difference this time with the car. It will not need the
hood opened to manually close a sticking automatic choke, it has a
manual one now. It will not sputter and fart if you give it to much gas
at one time. The alt. lite will not come on so when you park it and you
have to disconnect the battery to keep it from draining. The car will
not bottom out due to bad springs in the back and bad shocks all around.
The steering is now tight and the brakes do not pull. The front tires no
longer rub the fenders. All in all it is now a pleasure to drive, and
drive it I will as long as there is no snow or ice on the road.  Merry
Christmas All
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used