Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AWESOME SHOW!!!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AWESOME SHOW!!!

I disagree on exposure is exposure Eddie. After to many years of being
the blunt of jokes we are finally getting some respect and now this hour
of stupidity and ridicule.
After driving AMC's and Rambler's for 40 years I have heard it all. I
think this kind of exposure will do nothing for us but make us the blunt
of jokes again. Especially after the piss poor performance of these so
called modified cars. Like I said my stock 65 American ran similar times
when it was new. I could have probably dusted both of them with my
orange Hornet and took the Gremlin and Pacer home where I would find
them a good home after I fixed them up properly. Only in the last 3-4
years have I been getting positive responses to my cars. My yellow one I
will have 31 years this coming Feb.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

--- Begin Message --- Any exposure is exposure. I can't think of the last time that any television
program went out of their way to show the bread and butter cars that kept
AMC in business from day to day. It wasn't AMXs, Javelins, Machiunes,
SC/360s, or SC/Ramblers, those were eye candy to get one into the showroom,
then sell them from stock. I didn't care much for the comments however, and
wished they had a little more time to reference these cars and learn about
them as opposed to a X amount of time frame to do such, including souping
them up to their knowledge. When you have V8 Gremlins turning 9s and
6cylinder Gremlins turning 11's there is a lot more to learn and do. I
realize they have a limited budget (like Monster Garage does) and a
deadline, and it was all in fun. But can't imagine them making comments
about some Mopar products like Dart, Swinger, Valiant either. So we take
what we can get. I wasn't impressed and you won't find a tape of this show
in my archives! Hopefully at a later date they will have more time, money,
and give these cars their due before all of them are gone. Seems it is vogue
to make fun of Gremlin and Pacer and to a lesser extent, Matador, whether a
ugly car contest, or top ten ugly cars of all time, or whatever. Ironic that
you can pick out hundreds of vehicles on the road in 2004 that use the
Pacers lines. I was behind a Infinity SUV the other day, then a Nissan
Morono, and this is exactly what a Pacer would have evolved to in 2004/2005
if AMC was still in business. And chances are you would have people mocking
them making derogatory comments! And so it goes!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx