[BaadAssGremlins] SC/360 $2000

I get stuff like this all the time, this one was a FAX:

"Is anyone interested in buying this car. It has been sitting for 6 years.
Engine and trans are out. Trans was professionally built. Have all parts.
1971 Hornet SC/360. 360 4bbl, hood scoop w/flapper, PS, PDB, AT, AC. Go
Pack. ID#A1A061P135204; Body 061492; Model 7106-1; Trim 141-D, Paint B7,
Line #E020961. Please call Pete Schroder, 818-XXX-XXXX Los Angeles, CA,
$2000/or make offer"

I made one call and it was sold. The fellow who bought it is same fellow who
bought Joe Nevland's SC/360 on ebay for $12,000. He called me while auction
was still going on and we talked extensively about it. He said I am a
"guru". I am not a "guru" and hate that word.
I don't even specialize in Hornets but have owned over 30 of them thru the
years. But the fellow who bought Nevland's car was interested in the beater
SC/360 on ebay also as it had a few key, rare, and one year only parts. How
many times have we heard that I guess, cannibalize one for another it is
part of AMC life. so he will take a few key items off the $2000/LA car for
the $12K/ND car, but he also said he wants to fix up the LA car then sell it
after he puts it back together. He also has several other really nice AMCs
in his stable in San Diego too.

Anyhows, was interesting to see, and I will bet anyone that you will never
see not one, but four, rare 1971 SC/360 Hornets for sale at the same time,
someone sure rattled that beehive.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825