Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The AMC Show

Hey Lu you rooted for your favorite AMC, if there was  Hornet Hatchback
running you know who I would be rooting for. But we all are AMC people.
The AMX/Javelin/Machine/SCRambler people seem to forget that Hornet's
and Gremlin's that kept AMC alive in the 70's and their off spring in
the 80's.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

--- Begin Message ---
We can all rip these guys for being AMC idiots, because they are.
But try to understand: they only know of these cars from reading
history books - they weren't around (with the exception of the Pacer
team guys) when these cars dotted the highways of this country. They
did not intend to do a full restoration of them, only try to
kick 'em up a notch and have a mock drag race. I am personally GLAD
of the exposure of other AMCs; like Bart said other than the Jav/AMX
(like I saw in an episode of 'American Muscle' last week). That show
was solely devoted to the AMX, no mention that AMC even made
anything else. I wonder where these guys found the cars, how much
they paid for them, and like Doc said, where the hell are they now?
They did not even work on the blocks, just added some stuff. I
personally did not care for the zoom pipes. I also agree that the
host twins are morons. I'm sure they only know of a Pacer's
existence because of the Wayne's World movie. They stated that they
live for the track scene - if that were true, they would know that a
Gremlin can be modified  & run better than the lame job they
attempted. However, I did get it on tape and will watch it again, as
I like the vintage footage and YES I did LOVE seeing the Pacer -
gotta have another one some day! I guess Bart will kick me off here
if I admit I secretly rooted for the Pacer on the line. -Lu-

--- End Message ---