Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: do you HAVE to have the correct motor mounts f

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: do you HAVE to have the correct motor mounts for a ...

It is possible to use the taller mounts. It requires you to bolt the motor and tranny together and then bolt the mounts to the motor. Then lower it all into place. Mount the tranny, Set up your exhaust(Headers/manafolds) then mark the locations of the motor mount holes on the cross member. Pull it all out and drill the holes then put it all back together! This can be done using the 6 cross member also.
 Davis

lumina333 <lumina333@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you for this information Rick! -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> The taller mounting plates will bolt to the engine and the
crossmember.
> Unfortunately, they will not bolt to the engine and crossmember at
the same time.
> You must use the shorter mounting plates if you plan on mounting a
V8 to a
> Gremlin V8 crossmember.
>
> I tried using the taller mounting plates. After I bolted them to
the engine,
> I tried to attach them to the crossmember. The 401 was still on the
engine
> stand and the crossmember wasn't bolted up to the car yet. Take my
word for
> it.........get the correct engine plates.
>
> Rick

or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used