Re: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: do you HAVE to have the correct motor moun

Re: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: do you HAVE to have the correct motor mounts for a ...

From: Plumpy72@xxxxxxx
Date: 2004/10/24 Sun PM 07:06:21 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: do you HAVE to have the correct motor mounts for a ...

The taller mounting plates will bolt to the engine and the crossmember.
Unfortunately, they will not bolt to the engine and crossmember at the same time.
You must use the shorter mounting plates if you plan on mounting a V8 to a
Gremlin V8 crossmember.

I tried using the taller mounting plates. After I bolted them to the engine,
I tried to attach them to the crossmember. The 401 was still on the engine
stand and the crossmember wasn't bolted up to the car yet. Take my word for
it.........get the correct engine plates.

Rick

Thanx Rick i'm glad i dind't find this out the hard way..damn now where can i get the right mounts :(
Bart

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used