[BaadAssGremlins] It's Always Somthing

The second rebuilt carb works like a new one. The car starts right up
and has plenty of pep and is a pleasure to drive. As usual with this car
there is usually a down side, I filled the car up with gas last friday
and now smell a faint odor of gas at the rear of the car. No leakage can
be seen but I think I know where it is coming from. When the fuel tank
sender and all rubber fuel lines and vent lines was replaced the metal
vent tube was found to be loose and was repaired with fuel tank sealer
putty. I think it did not work. I went to my local auto parts store and
ordered me a new 22 gallon tank and the longer straps needed to install
it. The early Hornets had a 16-17 gallon tank I think. The later Hornets
and Concords had a 22 gallon tank that fits in the earlier cars with
only minor mods. I did this to my yellow car 3 years ago. Now I have to
call Kennedy American and get me a NOS fuel tank sender. There goes
another 300$ for all the parts I need. But I always hated the smaller
tank anyway so this is not just a repair but an upgrade also.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used