Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Classic Car Insurance ...are they nuts?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Classic Car Insurance ...are they nuts?

John,
Sounds like you should stick with your regular insurance and pay full price.

As for the rest of you guys, get out your policies and read them very carefully.

You will not be covered driving to the corner store for cigarettes, you will not be covered if your car is stolen while parked anywhere But inside your garage.
You are required to be in attendance of the car while it is left outside, or it will not be covered.
I.E., , your club stops at restaurant for a club sponsored dinner and you car gets hit or stolen while you are not in attendance physically of it, it will not be covered.

Yes,, we all drive around in our cars for other then hobby purposes, but remember, Buyer Beware. Don't assume just because you parked it outside for years the insurance company will cover it if something happens to it. There is no PULSE till there is a claim and then the Company will measure it with a fine tooth comb to find any reason whatsoever to deny paying out.

If you use the car for more than the very basic stuff covered in you Taylor, Grundy or Hagerty policy. Talk to your regular insurance agent who offers a "Stated Value" policy that covers antiques, collectibles and modified cars without limitations. Of course this policy will cost more than a "collectable policy, it will be less than regular insurance. You get what you pay for.

Wade

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here