Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Classic Car Insurance ...are they nuts?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Classic Car Insurance ...are they nuts?

Jeesh,
 I thought I had it bad. I called a co about my gremlin and got a nice quote of 129 for the year. She asked if it was modified. I said yes it has a v-8 now. She asked if I ever planned to race it. I said not at the moment but maby eventually. She said I am sorry but we don't insure drag cars. I said look lady I didn't say it was a drag car. She said well wee will have to see pics of the modifications before we decide. I told her she didn't need to decide and she replied o really? I hung up. LOL
 So I am back to the drawing board.
 Davis

John W Rosa <JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Doc.....this is getting like your mechanical
issues!!

Soooooo........After looking at a bunch of different
'Collector Car' insurers, I chose one because they
had an online price quote system, had no mileage
limit, and were based one state west of here...
among other reasons that just about all the other
insurers also had.

The online quote stated $65/year for my new Hornet.
I requested an application, then received it by mail.
It specified a $100 premium, with no explanation for
the increase over the online rate.

I returned it filled out with my check for $100 and
the required 2 clear photos of the car. A week later,
I receive a notice of denial for these three reasons:

1- 'Youthful endorsement not filled out'
[This form indicated it applied to households that
HAVE drivers under the age of 25, which mine does
not, so I had returned it marked 'Not Applicable']

2- 'Mileage appears unrealistic for a collector vehicle'
[The application asked how many miles I intended to
drive it annually. Since their website stated they
had no mileage limit, I had simply said 5000 miles to
give myself LOTS of leeway if the car ever did make a
long run or two to cross-country shows...but if they
have no limit, what the heck is the problem?]

3- 'Vehicle does not appear garaged'
[They asked for 2 photos of the CAR, not of the GARAGE!
Was I supposed to put it inside, close the door and take
two shots of the car through the freakin' window???]

I fired off a hastily written and not-very-friendly Email
to them early this week. I got no response until today
when in my regular mail was the same form, now marked
'pending approval'. Now they want:

1- 'Garage photo required'
[...as if that's proof I'll keep it in there. Silly.]

2- 'Photos of vehicle interior and engine'
[..and maybe one of the inside of the gas tank?]

3- 'Signed and Notarized Youthful Endorsement form'
[..despite no such folks living here]

4- 'Payment required in the amount of $100'
[I'm sending the very same damn check I sent the first time]

No where did they bother to waste any words apologizing
or explaining the previous denial. I guess I'm supposed
to feel honored enough that they've reconsidered.

John W Rosa
http://www.JavelinAMX.com

or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used