[BaadAssGremlins] Was British Brakes Now Brake Fade

[BaadAssGremlins] Was British Brakes Now Brake Fade

Believe me I know about brake fade after driving my yellow 74 Hornet for
the first year with non power drum brakes and then adding the dealer
power brake kit and driving it another 29 years. I have the perfect
comparison. My new orange 74 has the factory disc brake set up. There is
no comparison, the word brake fade is non-existent in the orange car.
Finally last june I had the yellow car converted to disc brakes using
the parts off of a 79 Concord. It uses the power drum single diaphragm
booster and master with an added after market adjustable disc brake
proportioning valve. I was told that the pedal pressure would be a
little more than the stock factory disc brake set up and found that to
be true. But it sure stops nice and with no more brake fade which is
nice because the whole town I live in is full of hills. Roy that is good
luck on your part going to Florida, even if you are going to keep the
drum brakes, parts are still available from your local auto parts store
here and are not expensive either. Do you have to pay any kind of duty
on parts that you bring back to the U.K.?
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

--- Begin Message ---
Thanks guys..I`ll go measure up in the morning..I think bigger drums
are the way to go..you can`t beat intermittent brake fade to add
spice to life ! At 62 , I`m up for some fun now I`ve given up women,
(or maybe they gave me up..just happened and I never noticed ?)
Shipping isn`t too bad to here, if Davis can help out, but I don`t
want to add to hassle ! I`ll check out the spindles, Doc.
I hope to be in Florida in late November, so maybe parts could go to
my friends in Jupiter for collection, and carry-on ! Thanks again,
folks..it`s a helluva boost to know I`ve got `backup`..All the Best
to All..Roy Banks.

--- End Message ---