[BaadAssGremlins] Pre Winter Projects Needed To Be Completed

[BaadAssGremlins] Pre Winter Projects Needed To Be Completed

It is hard to believe I have had this car for a year already. I just got
it inspected yesterday. I pretty much have all the mechanical repairs
done but have a few modifications that I want to do before the winter
comes. Since this car sit's outside I plan on installing a manual choke,
I have had one on my yellow car for almost 30 years and it works better
than the crappy one on the Carter carbs. I am also having a bracket made
that bolts to the pass side spring tower. I am installing an Acell Super
Coil which is the only ignition upgrade I am doing. I like points. I
have to move the horn relay and the seat belt interlock module bypass
switch to mount the coil so the bracket I am having made will be where
they are mounted now. Also you need a ballast resister so you don't burn
out the points, this will also be mounted on this bracket along with a
remote battery cut off switch. I still have to find out why the gas
gauge doesn't work and I just noticed the other night that the inst.
lights are not working. I haven't driven this car at night since I
bought it last october and thought they worked then, but I could be
mistaken. I also had a gas leak on the new rebuilt carb again yesterday.
It turns out when I had the last one the guy only tightened up the top
screws which were loose and not the bottom ones like I told him to. The
guy know's I know these cars like the back of my hand but still did not
listen to me. Oh well no damage done and he had to do tighten everything
again. Have a good day all.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used