Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The Ardsley Fall Shows Demise

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The Ardsley Fall Shows Demise

Doc might want to tell your buddy to read the AMC SW Regional file on my
website, it is harsh, but also has a few reasons why attendance has sucked
the past few years. I used to mail out 800+ flyers, and you would get all
those people who are not members of any club, locally or nationally, great
turnout, usually above 65-75 cars. Also, I would advertise it regionally,
like all of texas, a non profit club can get away with stuff, and I would
lean on Auto Trader for instance (having been a advertiser in them since the
80s) but would ask if they wanted to be a sponsor and they would donate not
only a 1/2 or full page ad (value $500-$2000) but also give me hundreds of
back copies of Auto Traders, and $5 discount coupon too!

One of the biggest problems is if you have a show in fall, you instantly
eliminate many, many people who have kids, or are in a school/college who
normally would go. Same goes for spring meets when people drop them in
April/May before school is out, one year whoever it was in the dallas
chapter got a brain fart and scheduled the Regional the last week of May.
Problem? Yes, not only was Memorial Day that Monday and many people could
not take 2 days off from work same week (even if paid holiday) but that week
was finals week for many. So the meet had a tiny turnout, about as many cars
in my driveway as at that meet. And the 2 vendors who showed up left early
due to no sales, no attendance, and then they shut the meet down at 2pm,
instead of 4pm. And so it goes, but feel free to pass on my rambling
unibomber al queda diatribe rant on my website, there are some ideas on how
to, and how not to do a successful meet. Hope ya'lls meet at Ardsley is
successful next spring, now is the time to set a date and notify as many
auto rags as you can, AMC chapters and national AMC clubs too with date,
time, info, contact numbers and whatever else you think will help it grow.
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Volume of email is HEAVY.
Reply times currently