[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Rear leaf spring isolaters...are they worth it, sh

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Rear leaf spring isolaters...are they worth it, should I delete them...

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jerry" <gremlingts@xxxx> wrote:
>  Ok, this is actually for my Pacer, '79 wagon. I got some new leaf
> springs to replace the rusted/damaged ones, but I don't have the new
> rubber isolater pads. Are they worth the hassle of using them, due
> to teh rust problems they cause? Most cars don't have them, at least
> most of MINE don't. So should I bother trying to track down some new
> ones to purchase, or just mount the springs directly and go with
> that? Thanks for your opinions,
>
> Jerry

I used a 79 Concord rear in my yellow 74 Hornet a few years back that had the isolators and didn't use them. You just can't leave them out and bolt the rear in. I made 2 mounting plates with a hole drilled out to fit the spring center bolt and welded them to the axel spring mounting pads. I then used 1/2"X1/2" square steel stock and welded 2 pieces to each spring/shock mounting plate that the "U" bolts go through to keep it centered when everything is bolted together. That's how I eliminated useing them.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used