From: "Onree" <onree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] levy interiors

There is another problem with real cotton denim. It bleeds blue. Look at the
color difference between a brand new pair of Levis and a pair that has been
washed several times. My brother-in-law liked the AMC Levis interiors so
much that he made a set of snap-on seat covers for his Ford Econoline work
van with real cotton denim from the fabric store. If anyone wearing a light
color pair of pants rode for any length of time in that van the pants
started to turn blue. Jerry was a painter, and usually wore those white or
unbleached natural cotton painter's pants or overalls. After a few months
all of his work pants had blue butts. After he finally took the seat covers
off and washed them a few times, they shrank so much that they almost
wouldn't go back on the seats.

Onree

on 9/29/04 3:24 PM, John W Rosa at JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx did write:

> Terry,
>
> The interiors were blue only. The sides and backs
> were vinyl while the 'faces' were a normal automotive
> fabric weave that LOOKED like it COULD be denim, but
> wasn't. Denim would never hold up in normal car usage.
>
> John

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used